Date / Time / Location:
June 25 – 28, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm (each day)
Engineering and Information Technologies Centre, University of Manitoba
Rooms: EITC E2-320 and EITC E2-330
This June, WestGrid is bringing its Research Computing Summer School to the University of Manitoba. Courses will explore introductory and advanced topics in:
- high performance computing
- cloud computing
- parallel programming in Chapel
- molecular dynamics
- scientific computing with PETSc
- Scientific visualization with ParaView
When registering, please indicate which courses you are interested in attending. This will help us gauge interest and prepare the room setups, catering, etc.
Full Course Details:
All summer school materials (schedule and course descriptions) can be found here.
Participants only need to register and pay once to attend as many or as few courses as they would like.
- Researcher @ WestGrid Member Institution*: $35
- Researcher @ Non-Member Institution: $45
- Public / Industry / Non-Academic: $55
*WestGrid Member institutions include the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Saskatchewan, and University of Manitoba.
Who Should Participate:
- Anyone interested in building knowledge and skills for computational research
- All research disciplines and skill levels are welcome to register. Some sessions may require some pre-requisite knowledge. Check the course descriptions for more details.
- Any courses listed as “Introduction to…” do not require any pre-requisite skills or knowledge.
- Other courses may require base level knowledge or programming skills. Check the course descriptions for more details.
- All academic participants must have a Compute Canada account. To register for a Compute Canada account, click here. Non-academic registrants will be provided a temporary guest account.
- We strongly encourage all participants to obtain an Eduroam account through their institution. This will provide you with a reliable wifi network connection while on campus. To get an Eduroam account, contact your local IT Department.